Empowering Elders Through Creative Expressions
Discover theater-based programs connecting elders living with dementia with their caregivers through music, creative expression, and improvisation techniques.
- Participants will learn ways of empowering older adults to strengthen relationships with their care-partners.
- Participants will learn to develop and enhance meaningful “sense of self” through creative expression.
Recreational Music Making: A Powerful Tool for Creating, Connecting, Caregiving
Join in group performances facilitated by Music for Seniors, a Tennessee-based arts nonprofit, and experience a field-tested model for interactive music-making activities for older adults. Discover the research, applications, performance templates, user perspectives, and impact of singing, movement, and rhythm across a continuum of care.
- Participants will experience a group music-making activity incorporating three modalities.
- Participants will learn about applications of the demonstrated models in various care settings.
- Participants will gain better understanding of the current research informing the work.
- Participants will gain new perspectives on these modalities within creative aging arts activities.
- Participants will gain awareness of Music for Seniors as a potential resource for implementing live-music, outreach programming with older adults in their communities.
For Presentation Team Planning: This session DOES have PowerPoint capacity.